Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Gina
      Participant

I reported to police but as I’d been sent from one police station to another and was stressed out and on a time schedule in I was expected back home I couldn’t remember half the things I was reporting got foggy I keep getting flashbacks of things he said and done can I go back and report by making a statement this time as he has now left the household thank you in advance of replies

KIP.
      Participant

Absolutely. Your statement may also help other victims to corroborate their story, or there may already be other victims who have given statements. I’d write everything down when I’m calm and in as much order as you can. Then make an appointment with a domestic abuse officer. You can ring victim support for help or the national domestic abuse helpline for advice. Did you use Clairs Law to find out if he had an previous accusations of domestic abuse? You can’t access it if you’re not with him anymore which is stupid but I’d still ask. I still have new memories, several years later as our brains process the abuse x

Gina
      Participant

Hi Kip OK thank you I do know there is previous with his 1st wife why I didn’t see red flags when she messaged me but just thought it was one of those bitter ex left with the children but she was spot on. Never heard of clares law and I’m noting things in my phone when it comes back in my head. Thank you for your help

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content