Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Confused123
      Participant

isnt it weird how when u think u have moved on and got over the ex and their family then suddenly u can be triggered off. Today i saw a post of ex side family and how all the family were together with all the children. It just hurts me so much how they cut me and kids off when i refused to go back, i know one s in law wanted to keep in touch with two/three random text but i found it too painful so told her i want no contact. i just watched this video post today, this member has left family but still in contact and functions for her children. furiurates me how i was cut off when didnt agree to go back. why do they have to hurt us so much and make us feel as if they never did anything and i just left. im so much happier now , but can not get over what they did to me, maybe i will feel like this till my divorce not over…. do u ladies who have left ever feel like this

KIP.
      Participant

I have nothing to do with social media for that reason. My step daughter wrote and told me never to contact her again and that i had caused her such pain. And how did I sleep at night. We were very close before her dad was arrested and i know her dad told her what to write. I was abused for decades and she witnessed this, i was raped assaulted and he was arrested and convicted, yet she blames me. There is no logic in this victim blaming and i know i would be triggered by posts so i avoid. Try to just remember the good times and move on. I do sympathise with you but this is the price we pay to stay safe and sane x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content