Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      BeautyMarked
      Participant

Hi,

I’m new to all this and am trying to get my head around what has happened to me. I’d really like to try and understand and would be grateful if anyone has any recommendations on books etc. I believe I’ve gone through coercive control, emotional/psychological abuse, intimidation and harassment (including by a third party that he introduced into the dynamic – goodness knows who influences who in a situation like that). Also, he used to withhold sex and affection from me which made me feel bad as though I was the one pressuring him but I’ve been told it’s all part of the wider picture of being controlling. Any insights into any of that or recommendations of books would be most welcome x

KIP.
      Participant

Hi, Living With The Dominator by Pat Craven. Why Does He Do That by Lundy Bancroft. Google Professor Evan Stark. His research is behind the new coercive control laws. Also google triangulation, Gaslighting, cognitive dissonance, trauma bonding. All behaviours you may recognise x

Flowerchild
      Participant

Lundy Bancroft ‘Why Does He Do That?’

diymum@1
      Participant

the verbally abusive relationship – amazon xx

BeautyMarked
      Participant

Thanks all x

teabag
      Participant

Would second why does he do that and psychopath free.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content