Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone

I’ve settled really nice in my new home loving every minute of it..iam.now ready to fight bk yet again I just can’t let it drop

I’ve found a solicitor so fingers crossed I can get legal aid to try to get my abuser to court after the police failed me ..(detail removed by moderator)

I just feel i need to protect other women from him .yes I did stay very silent in the relationship with my ex and looked past red flags ..but i did not deserve the abuse

So fingers crossed this solicitor can help me get the justice i deserve

Serenity
      Participant

Good luck, I Am Free,

Don’t be scared to change solicitors if you don’t feel that this one gets you, or isn’t dynamic enough!

You can fight him, and you can win. We women have more strength than we know! Our abusers knew we had this strength: that’s why they spent all their time trying to destroy it!

What the police say is irrelevant. So many times, I have seen and heard them assess situations wrongly. They were pretty useless with me, too.

🍀🍀🍀

Nova
      Participant

Iamfree…good woman! sounds best to recharge..then battle on through..

Agreed no one deserves abuse and abusive men being so arrogant think they can never be punished..& conveniently over time ‘forget’ like it never happened…we know different though
      …with you all the way x C

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thank you

X*x

KIP.
      Participant

Hey, I’m doing something very similar. The more times this sort of case comes before a court, the more awareness is raised. Good for you. The criminal law has limitations sadly.

Nina
      Participant

Good on you Serenity! The one thing all these men fear is their victim standing up to them and their heinous behaviour being made public.

I’m appalled at the light sentencing of the UK courts in regard to domestic abuse and violence. The fact these men can appeal their sentences too with no grounds whatsoever, other than to show their arrogance. Forcing their victims to go through two trials is unfair and infuriating, but they need to be punished.

I’m recharged too now (detail removed by Moderator). It’s empowering knowing that I’m not going to just roll over and disappear. For once I’m standing up for myself and ultimately he’s not so easily going to abuse women and children again.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well done nina

I will wipe the smirk off his face . I did not think I was strong enough last year ..but iam so much stronger i aint giving up this fight ever !

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content