Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Iwillbestronger
      Participant

I’m new to this, so (removed by moderator) my ex husband just took it a step too far he shoved me in the face when dropping the children off I was really scared, our marriage broke down after being together for a long time we have two children together it was a toxic marriage (I realised after we broke up) he was emotionally abusive he would call me a c**t on a day to day basis but it became normal I didn’t even hear it anymore that’s just a small amount of what he said to me. We have been separated over a year now and it’s still just as bad he shouts abuse at me if he sees me out when he has the children because he doesn’t like me having a life without him, he will call numerous times a day to speak to the children when I have said we are busy (35 times he called the other night) I plucked up the courage to speak to the police about the last incident that had happened and it made me extremely sad and feeling very empty because I knew it was wrong all of what he has said and done over the years but for the police to confirm it is domestic violence is just awful. I’m more scared now I’ve told the police than I was before as he hates the police they won’t be contacting him yet but when they do hell we break loose. He is unpredictable he has mental health issues he would never harm the children but I wouldn’t put it past him to harm me, he hates me when he picks up the children the look on his face is just evil. I just don’t know what to do in the meantime as he will be having them soon he doesn’t know anything is going on at the moment, we are still married so he still has rights to having the children (which makes me feel very uneasy) he doesn’t know this and I’m hoping he doesn’t find out.

Ayanna
      Participant

Please speak to Rights of Women and also find out how to get him divorced.
      You can get a non molestation order against him.

Savingmyself
      Participant

Hi stronger
      Welcome And well done for standing up to him
      You are in the right place for support
      Big hugs x*x

KIP.
      Participant

I remember the shock of accepting I was abused. It’s beyond devastating to be abused by someone you love and you think loves you in return. Start keeping a journal of his behaviour and secretly record his outbursts on your phone. He obviously has no respect for you. Don’t blame his mental illness? Does it make him abusive to other people? Would he shove a stranger in the face? It sounds like the police are long overdue. Hopefully he will be told not to contact you. He can get a solicitor to arrange access and I would suggest you take legal advice. Speak to your local Women’s Aid for support and a good solicitor. Sometimes we need things to be taken out of our hands. We are just traumatised. Behaving like that in front of your kids is not acceptable either. Keep posting x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content