Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      GrumbleBear
      Participant

So I was in 2 minds whether to post this or not because this does actually make me seem and feel like I’m paranoid and overreacting! I was looking around for my laptop the other day and I normally leave it in 2 specific places but it wasn’t there so I started searching everywhere he might have hidden it. I just thought, he’s doing it again – give it a few days and it’ll reappear!

Well did I not then remember I had put it somewhere else when I had last used it and had gone to make dinner plopping my (removed by moderator) down on top of it?!!! What an idiot! Is this what it’s coming to?

Dreamingoffreedom
      Participant

Probably because your head is absolutely f****d with everything that he is putting you through! It wouldn’t be the first time he has gaslighted or confused you. It’s expected not to know whether to trust yourself or not.

Stay strong, write down what you need to and keep posting. Sorry I’m not much help, just know we are there for ou

GrumbleBear
        Participant

It’s exactly this. I laughed when I realised my mistake but then thought, maybe it was me being mistaken the times before but I know that isn’t the case! Difference this time was it came clear that I had put it somewhere else.

It’s enough of a help to be able to say this kind of thing and not be taken as totally nuts! Can only imagine what other people would think if I said this. “Paranoid much?” would probably cover it!

Newgirl
      Participant

I totally understand this that’s how they make us feel x

Camel
      Participant

I think it shows you’re definitely not mad or paranoid. When you found it this time it triggered a whole memory of what had distracted you. All those other times when you couldn’t recall putting it in the fridge or wherever, it was definitely him pulling your chain.

I’d be so tempted to mess with his stuff…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content