Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      MsConfused
      Participant

Hi. Over half my life I have been with my husband, and very much love him. But the relationship has been riddled with problems. Some aweful psychological stuff. It has now resulted after a recent physical incident me calling the police. He is now on (removed by moderator).

But why am i feeling no emotion.

I have done my statement. As a child is involved so is child services. Dealt with that quite happily.

Family are great, but I feel that the emotional stages I should start just aren’t. I can’t let myself relax enough to process my feelings. Just keep myself occupied. It’s all weird and numb.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi MsConfused,

First, welcome to the forum. I hope you find this a safe and assuring place to be.

I’m sorry to hear you have experienced domestic abuse for some time, and have recently had to involve the police. This is a very challenging time for you and your family. Please try not to be too critical of yourself and the way you feel right now. As other women here will soon tell you, you have to go through your own process to come to terms with all that is happening and there is no ‘right way’ to do this.

You may find it useful to talk through how you feel in more detail with your local domestic abuse service. They can provide both emotional and practical support if needed. They will understand all that you are feeling and go over all your options for support. This is a free service, so use them on-going as you need.

Do keep posting to let us know how you are, moving forward. You are not alone. We are all here for you.

All the best,

Lisa

Watersprite
      Participant

So sorry you are going through this. This is so normal – Take your time be gentle with yourself. The emotion will probably follow when it is safe for you to feel. Take baby steps walk drink water listen to nice music or TV keep reaching out for support. You are on a journey and I wish you and your child well. We are all here for you x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content