Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      RedKiteTail
      Participant

Today I was really scared. The violence was the wthe worst ever. He’s drunk himself to sleep now. How can he claim to love me and then treat me like that. But I can’t see a way out.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi RedKiteTail,

I am sorry to hear about your situation. It is so awful having to live in fear. You deserve to feel safe and happy and please remember that his behaviour is not your fault. You are not to blame. Abuse is not love. Please find a safe time to phone the helpline when he is not in the house to talk about your situation. Please also think about if you can go to your doctor or even a drop in centre to have any injuries documented. You may be grateful for the evidence later. If you feel you can, reporting his behaviour to the Police would be a good idea too.

We are all here for you. Please phone the helpline and then let us know how you are.

Best wishes,

Lisa
      Forum Moderator

KIP.
      Participant

I’m so,sorry you are going through this. You do not deserve this kind of treatment and it is not love. Abusers are liars and will say anything to keep us hooked in. Love doesn’t hurt. He chooses to hurt you. Women’s Aid helped me escape and understand what was happening to me. Youcan find your local women’s aid or ring 101 and speak to a domestic abuse police officer. You don’t have to give your name but they can advise you. Abuse always gets worse, including the violence. I was stunned and scared and frozen and in the end the police and agencies took over because I just couldn’t see a way out. We are blinded and stunted by abuse and we need help to escape so please reach out for that help because he will not change. Go to your GP and get your injuries noted and checked over. You don’t know the long term physical damage he has done but I can assure you the mental injuries will take much much longer to heal. Abusers thrive on our silence so speak out if you can x

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content