Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Yellowdiamond
      Participant

Hi everyone!

I left an abusive relationship a (detail removed by Moderator) ago and have over the last couple of weeks been doing really well! I’ve been doing counselling which has helped and just have a really good support network! I haven’t laughed as much as I have in a long time and feel like I’m enjoying life more! Me and the ex were linked financially which I cut ties to (detail removed by Moderator) ago (he used to contact (detail removed by Moderator) about something) and all was quiet however he contacted me on (detail removed by Moderator) asking me if I was ok and he hoped I was feeling back to normal – I haven’t responded although my best friend sent him a message with a few choice words telling him not to contact me again. Why do I feel sad again? I can’t stop thinking about it and feel like I have taken a huge step backwards and feel so down and have started missing him again! I have him blocked on everything but he emails me which is annoying and I can’t block that!

KIP.
      Participant

Any contact with these men is toxic. Hearing from him has dragged you back into the abuse. Change your email address or tell him you will contact the police if he continues to contact you. You will forward his emails to the police. These men love to live in our heads rent free. You have the right to choose who you allow in your life. You will pick yourself back up again. Tomorrow is a new day. These feelings will pass but recognise how bad you feel when dragged back into his world of dysfunctional behaviour x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content