Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Roar
      Participant

Its’s been a while since I have been in contact with this service.
      It’s funny, I just kind of stopped posting stuff and calling the helpline ect .. one day and not sure how conscious the decsion was .. But I guess I just decided to have a break from it for a whille and simply get on with my life. .. I’ve been spending lots more time dancing, networking – joining in with groups and activities, which I enjoy, doing stuff that inspires me. And talking positively to myself ( even when I don’t really feel like I mean it..!) I still do it , because I know that that’bring me ‘down and you’re not good enough’type of chatter in my head, is often just still habitually there, you know? left like a kind of residue,, so,like a kind of regular mental physiotherapy routine, I force myself to keep on with it .. saying Stuff like “you deserve the best, and “you there’s no reason why you can’t live the life of you’re true dreams ” ect .. especially if I’m feeling unworthy of accepting something into my life that I feel could give me some of the happiness and pleasure I deserve, that helps me to remember who I really am, how incredible life can be, reminds me of the gifts I have to offer,and basically brings me closer to fulfilling my potential.
      It’ has has taken time and I’ve not always felt like I’ve been moving forward, very much, or, even at all, at times ,but by simply keeping on this path, by listening and trusting myself – when I can manage to and practicing ‘unconditional self love’ with these little positive mantras ( even when I still don’t always really believe them)! Has really paid off.
      And I diddn’t realize how far I had come, untill recently, when I noticed that a couple of the milestones I’ve reached lately, seem to have a much deeper – real and spacious quality to them.

Dear Roar, your post was so great to read, i’m really happy that you are coming through and feeling so much more optimistic. It is possible to have joy, peace and calm in your life if you have previously been in an abusive relationship. I too now have peace and calmness in my days. Life is full of general ups and downs and sometimes its tough but so much better than treading on eggshells and being riddled with fear. Thank you for posting. XXXXX

Serenity
      Participant

Hi Roar,
      So good to hear from you after so long.

I am so glad you are so strong X

Roar
      Participant

Thankyou healthyarchive and serenity. Nice to be back I’m glad that you feel you have come through and feel able to experience many wonderful things too healthyarchive, I like you’re statement about ‘treading on egg shells and living in fear’ … Yes I usally remind myself of exactly that, at times when the doubt of whether I have made the right decsion to leave (which I can say is not *so* often nowadays) creeps in. When I think about it, I find so much more possibility and opportunity opening up in my life now, in comparison to the limited life I lived when I was with him. Can’t believe how much I normalized that😯!
      And thankyou for for you’re warm welcome back Serenety, it feels nice to be in company with you all again ☺️Xx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content