Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Poorbear
      Participant

Hi everyone is it possible to travel to a different part of the country miles away and get into a refuge in that area? X

Wants To Help
      Participant

Hi poorbear,

Refuge would not normally place you in one in your home town for your safety reasons, so if you want to move away and are prepared to move as far away as possible this should technically be easier to get a place for you. Many women like to stay near to where they live for work reasons or family and the thought of moving too far is the ‘deal breaker’ for them going to refuge.

I think if you tell them you are willing to move anywhere it helps them to see where they have vacancies and they can offer you an area where there is a vacancy.

Watersprite
      Participant

Hello poor bear – yes definitely. Could you call women’s aid or refuge to access help to leave safely? Support is available while things are difficult. Keep your phone charged and with you at all times. Take care x

Poorbear
        Participant

Thanks for your response I will give them a call when I have left safely. X

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Poorbear

Thank you for posting, I can see that you have already had helpful replies. Yes it is possible to go into a refuge far away and it would also be a safer option for you.

You could chat to a Women’s Aid worker in confidence via our Live Chat service (open every day). They can go through a refuge search for you and see what is available. You can access the chat service here: https://chat.womensaid.org.uk/

Good luck and take care

Lisa

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content