Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Unicornsandrainbows
      Participant

Hi I have been in touch with woman’s aid and the refuge helpline. I’m currently living with my abuser but I’m planning on leaving with my children.

My question is how quickly can they get you into a refuge? I have two children age (detail removed by Moderator) & (detail removed by Moderator).

And would it still be in the area I live in now?

Also would they help you on a Sunday? Thinking of times he won’t be in the house.

Any advice would be appreciated

keepmovingfoward
      Participant

the helplines are best to advise you on this as it will vary on your circumstances.

not always in area, you might be taken out of area for safety or for space

ages have been blocked but again being able to provided suitable accommodation for the children for their ages will also determine where you are placed.

they usually receive 24/7, i know someone who used to work in them, they’ve had ladies turn up in early hours with nothing but a raincoat on.

call the advice line back when you can, ask where you need to head and how best to get there. you may find certain local taxi firms are confidentiality bound to refuge locations, you may be advised to use one of them if you cant drive. the police can also refer and transport if needed as well.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content