This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Lisa 4 months, 2 weeks ago.

  • Author
  • #102952


    If you go to a refuge and you see your partner in town, what happens? Can you call the police and stop them snatching your child? The same question with what happens when you leave the refuge and go to council or private housing.

    He will definitely come looking for me, just concerned how I protect myself and our child when he finds us.

    Are you still allowed to use your existing phone numbers and social media? Just wondering if I need to write down a list of my contacts if I need to change sim, I am assuming I just block him and stop location finder until I am out of the refuge. Not sure how it all works.

  • #102954

    Should have added, I want him to see our child when it is safe to do so but wary of how that first meeting is going to be and having nightmares that he snatches the child.

  • #103193
    Main Moderator

    Hi Newboundaries

    Yes if you see your ex partner in town and you feel frightened you should call the police. You could also let the police know your situation already so they can log it on their system. Police can also put a marker on your address so that the police know to get to you as soon as possible.

    Have a read about online safety and digital stalking here to get some advice:

    You could also speak to Coram Children’s Legal Centre for advice on going through a contact centre in the future if possible 0300 330 5480.

    Keep posting to let us know how you are doing,


You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account