Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Invisible@
      Participant

Hi I moved into a refuge with my (removed by moderator) kids( one has anger issues,has (removed by moderator) to threaten his mum & sister before) for (removed by moderator) due to DA then my social worker rang my husband & told him where she worked so Refuge told me I had to leave as my husband knows which city I in, he only assumed where I was but I still had to move, so I moved again into znother refuge, (removed by moderator) later asked to move they had terminated my icebce agreement due to my son behaviour (removed by moderator) hurting me, the refuge gave us a letter to council to say I’m homeless now I’m living in a B&B homeless with (removed by moderator) kids, it’s dirty, noisy, & I have no idea when I will get somewhere to live its costing me money eating out.Reguge I first went with knew about my sons issues & never tried to help support him. I really feel let down by the system & I don’t know where to go for help. PLEASE HDLP.

KIP.
      Participant

Have you tried ringing the national domestic abuse helpline? I’d start there a d do you have an advocacy worker from women’s aid. Talk to your Local GP about getting counselling for your child and perhaps social services can help with that too. Would you travel further afield to another refuge? Victim support have a helpline too and web chat so please just keep reaching out. Citizens Advice too. Your local MP. Do you have any relative you could go to or could you have him removed from the family home with an occupation order?

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Invisible@,

I’m sorry you have had such difficulty finding an appropriate and safe place to stay with your children. As KIP mentioned, you can get in touch with the local domestic abuse service to where you are now staying and let them know what has happened. They should be able to advocate on your behalf to find something more suitable, with either a refuge space that is suitable (and can provide a good level of help for your son) or via local housing if you feel that could be an option. You can search for the service local to you here.
      I hope this is helpful to you.
      Do take care and keep in touch here to let us know how you get on.
      All the best,

Lisa

Watersprite
      Participant

I just want to say hello I’m so sorry to read what you are going through. Have you managed to get support? Your social worker should never have disclosed your location that is unsafe practice. Speak to a GP? Have you got an IDVA? Can you ask for a change of social worker? You have a lot on your plate take baby steps support is available keep reaching out. You are a very brave woman to leave and get the children out. Can you try and do just one nice thing for you today? Sending hugs and that life will get better over time it really does x*x

StrongLife
      Participant

I am later in replying as I just found this post.

The situation may have passed but I hope you found a safe place to live with kids.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content