Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      soconfused2
      Participant

I left my ex husband a couple of years ago. I think (although I constantly doubt myself) that he was emotionally abusive and I had some support from Women’s Aid in the immediate aftermath of leaving.

I have recently moved into my new house and the kids are 50-50 between us. It is absolutely breaking my heart. I can’t help wishing I had stayed so I could see them everyday. I could have put up with his moods, blaming etc. to have that time with the kids.

In the end he ignored me for weeks and then said it was all my fault, that I was abusive etc. I couldn’t take it anymore so I left.

But I’m not happier. Life feels worse now.

Not really sure why I’m posting. Looking for some support I suppose.

browneyedmum
      Participant

My ex takes the kids (detail removed by Moderator) nights per week, but is looking at 50/50 so he doesn’t have to pay child maintenance, however the nature of his work prevents him from doing that unless he sources childcare for them.

But even in those (detail removed by Moderator) nights, I oscillate between enjoying my own space and time and then terribly missing the children to the point I’m at tears.

Sometimes I think I could have put up with my ex longer, but then just about every conversation I have with him reminds me of what (detail removed by Moderator) he is. Always putting himself first, both to my expense and to the expense of the children. That’s the ‘man’ he is.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content