Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Freedom @
      Participant

I’m starting to regret ever opening my mouth about the emotional abuse over the years. I can see the toll its taking on my parents who are so worried about me and the kids. They are not young anymore and I just feel ive added so much worry to their lives. They should be enjoying their later years and enjoying g the grandkids without this. No light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry don’t really expect advice just having a self pity moment. Maybe the morning will be brighter.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Freedom @,

Thank you for posting, I hope it helped to offload to us. How are you doing today?

Take care,

Lisa

Daff
      Participant

I can see the toll its taken on my parents, i hadnt intended on telling them but things happened and they knew there was more than i had told them. Since finding out the both haven’t been very well and im sure it has made them worse. They are hoping to do things in the future with the family and im hoping planning and doing stuff will help everyone concentrate on building new memories. Im hoping for a better future than past and thats what is keeping me going. Sending hugs hope your having a better day x

Freedom @
      Participant

Thanks @Lisa and @daff.

Yes I am geeling a bit better today. Some days are harder than others. Nothi g has changed and I dont see a way out any time soon but still feeling a bit brighter for now. Thanks again x

Daff
      Participant

Some days all i want to do is cry. Since not being with him he seemed to take it out on my eldest. Stepping out of the relationship i can see the control he had. We have to give ourselves time, sometimes i believe if i had been better things would have been different. There are still things to sort out but im hoping i have the strength to get through it.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content