Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      orchid7
      Participant

I contacted him after a very long time of no contact since the last event. I had been drinking for the first time since and I regretted it but still spoke to him. I feel guilty because he’d left me alone and now I feel like it’s my fault that he’s trying to contact me again and I’m worried to tell anyone I have because now it looks like I’ve done it on purpose. And I feel guilty I don’t know how to close it down again (the contact). I feel like now it’s opened I can’t block him again. Urgh.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

Orchard you can stop it and have nothing to feel guilty for… please stop being so hard on yourself, it takes on average 7 times to leave an abuser let alone all the aftermath mashed up feelings… it really is normal.

The main thing I’d it isn’t right for you, you made a mistake and now need to move on…. choices 🤔

1. A quick ‘I know longer want anymore contact with you’ and then block him (you owe him nothing, you owe yourself everything)

2. Just block him… he was blocked before and it is for the same reasons (again, you owe him nothing)

I am sorry i cannot think of any more examples.

Take a breath, you can do this and move on ❤

Anonymous
      Inactive

Oh gosh how many times have I been in that position, immediately regretting going back after a no contact period, be sure tho is what you want otherwise it turns into games by one another , really mean it and follow through . I done it so many times it became a joke and my word meant nothing in the end . I would just say look I made a mistake it’s not going to work or just block without any explanation, but if your worried that would make it worse for you , I would just say you made a mistake and not to contact you any further , then block everywhere x

Anonymous
      Inactive

The same thing happened to me he had left me alone and I opened up a can of worms by initiating contact then I had no ends of problems getting away again, it’s nostalgia, weak moments that draw you back and I think they know at some point we crack , that’s why it’s important to go no contact fully x

orchid7
      Participant

Hi both thank you for your words of encouragement I needed to hear that. Thank you. I sent a short message and blocked. Phew. It’s like opening a massive void and the longer I leave it open I’m going to get sucked in. It’s so scary I hope I don’t do that again 🙁 Now onto processing all of that. Just set myself back! Funny how a few days of it being open can result in so much work to do 🙁 oh this is tough feels like 1 step forward 2 steps back. Thank you both I needed that xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content