Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      ConfusedAgain
      Participant

I’ve been here before but last time it was every single abuse under the sun (detail removed by Moderator).

NOw (detail removed by Moderator) later i’m in a situation where my partner (who i thought was different in the first year and a half) is being emotionally abusive and we have a baby together.

we have a mortgage and are not married, and he told me to get out with our son and i refused to go so he took his credit card away , which is what i use to buy food for us and bubs.

I’ve been to cab and spoke to a solicitor yesterday who said to put an occupational order in place, i dont want to do it but i know i have to. i’m so overwhelmed with all of the information and the relationship breakdown I know theres a battle ahead.

lover of no contact
      Participant

Hi ConfusedAgain,

That’s so horrible and cruel of him to tell you to get out of your shared home and to take your means of financial support for you and your baby from you. My ex did the same. I was married and had a good few children and he sent me a solicitors letter in the post telling me he wanted a separation (the first I’d heard). Then he stopped my housekeeping money and he started doing the food shopping. He then started a campaign of shouting at me to leave the house. He incessantly kept this up over months. He was trying to bully me out of the house (but I wouldn’t go and leave my children with him). The distress I was in was enormous, so I really understand what you’re going through. So glad you have found this Forum. We will support you. His tactics are not unusual at all. His main aim is to hurt and upset you and put you in fear.

Keep posting and ring Women’s Aid for additional support. These abuser guys are so cruel and heartless. Reach out to any friends and family for support too.

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

Hi lover of no contact,

last night he went out again, and this morning told me that he is selling the car unless i pay for , which backfired because i said ok i will pay for ith, then he is telling me that he needs to put the mortgage in his name????

erm, I don’t think he can do that?

Confused123
      Participant

Hey hUn

This man is playing mind games with u, i have just replied to your other post about the car, get legal advice and get him out via occupation order, he knows u need car so is testing u , stay strong and post on here for support, act normal as possible and get a plan in place tog et rid of him, i would test him and say ok sell the car then, his testing u for a reaction and getting the right one by causing u stress

ConfusedAgain
      Participant

Can I get him out via occupation order then? Cos he hit me and kicked me back in (detail removed by moderator) and its been just emotional abuse since, how would i prove that when I didnt go to the police?

Confused123
      Participant

HI

i think the abuse has to be reported within 6 months to the police and have evidence , for example did u tell your gp, go to hospital. Double check but thats what i got told. As for the fact that at moment he is emotional abuse u , again i would still log to police and discuss with them, as itimidating some one is class as a threat too, calll the womens oif right and see what they say, they are a free legal advice line

Confused123
      Participant

HI

i think the abuse has to be reported within 6 months to the police and have evidence , for example did u tell your gp, go to hospital. Double check but thats what i got told. As for the fact that at moment he is emotional abuse u , again i would still log to police and discuss with them, as itimidating some one is class as a threat too, calll the womens oif right and see what they say, they are a free legal advice line. also report the emoptional abuse to your gp now , build your record up

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content