Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Stuck here
      Participant

If you’re reading this then thank you. This is only my second time posting here and I don’t want to go in to a long rambling rant about what’s happened in the past. But today has just been one of those days again. I’m so exhausted having to constantly deal with person the person that makes him so sad all the time. Today, as most days, I haven’t been texting or talking to him enough. I’m a key worker and haven’t got a minute to myself during the day. When I can text him back, I do. But it’s never enough and he always ends up “sad” and moody because of it. When I apologise and say I’ve tried my best, he sweeps it under the carpet and says it won’t be mentioned again. But it will. Tomorrow, and the day after and the day after. It’s just so draining having to constantly be at someone’s beckon call. I’m almost on a timer that I may go and send a quick text off or it’ll be sadness tonight again. And even then what I’m saying is often not enough. I should talk more. I know this probably sounds petty but it’s just something else he’s adopted to keep me running after him and trying to please him. And none of it will ever be enough. Just been a long day and I’d rather just stay in work at this point than face the sadness at home.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Hi there, I missed your first post so wanted to say hello and welcome to the forum. Oh those texts or the constant contact. Cos when you’re letting him take up your thoughts and time you’re not giving it to anyone else are you. When I was with my oh if I called him during the day I got so much grief.was never a problem in the early days of our relationship, but of course once he had me, he just madder up more and more rules, or kept moving the goslposts. When I left he’d go on about how I never phoned or text him. Constant double standards. Its a fear of abandonment on their part, but he’s a grown man not a child, he is not the centre of your universe. Your doing an amazing job, with huge responsibilities at this moment in time. You need some me time to recharge but he cant allow that, to him that’s you being selfish. So he acts sad, basically throwing a tantrum. Nothing more off putting than a spoilt child. I wonder if he was the apple of his parent(s) eye, got whatever he wanted,threw a strop if he didn’t. Spoilt children can grow into entitled abusive adults who expect the world to revolve only around them. Stay strong. Women are so much stronger than we realise or given credit for. Look at history (herstory)how many statues and plaques have been erected commemorating women’s achievements. I think if there were more, girls would grow up believing they could do and be anything. There’s a lovely book written by Sara Sheridan called Where are the Women. She’s going to be writing a book about misogyny next. Do you all know there’s a museum in Dundee about misogyny. Never been to Dundee, would be worth a few nights stay methinks.
      Best wishes IWMB 💞💞

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content