Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Notjustme
      Participant

Hi,
      It’s a Saturday night and I just realised that I feel totally relaxed. Saturday nights used to be the most horrendous time. I just wanted to share.

I don’t need to be afraid in my own home any more. I don’t need to ask permission just to be any more. I don’t need to feel wrongly ashamed of my decisions and choices. I don’t need to feel guilty for wanting more than just an existence. My home is now my happy and safe place. I don’t need to fake smiles here any more, I can be in whichever mood I need to be in and there is no one there to tell me I’m wrong for feeling what I need to feel. I am becomming proud of who I am. When I smile it’s because I mean it and I laugh once again without guilt.

I used to cry every single day. I was so lost and although I am still healing and not quite where I need to be I sure as hell am glad that I’m not where I used to be.

Freedomfighter
      Participant

Hi Notjistme,
      Well done for escaping, thanks for sharing your positive moment, just what I need to hear.
      I’m currently struggling to divorce my husband after decades of asking his permission and worrying what he’ll say when I do things without it.
      I’m so glad you’re enjoying your Saturday night. I’ve made myself a little smoking shelter/zen garden to relax in and have a cigarette to rest and unwind. I’ve hung inspirational plaques from the gazebo frame to give me courage and strength, lavender plants to calm me and rose scented candles to soothe and comfort me. I’ve been asking him for 5 years and now I’ve bought my own! It feels so good sitting here wrapped up warm, doing my own thing in my own little space, surrounded by my lovely things. Best of all he’s in work and was really annoyed that I’d bought them 😊
      Freedom of choice is such a wonderful thing!!
      Hope you enjoy all the days of the week ❤️

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content