Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Borntobefree
      Participant

I keep replaying the trauma that night .when I could of died .I never seen the red flag
      I did not think he meant to hurt me

But he did. He tried to sabatage me from working
      .. (detail removed by moderator)

How can I move forward from this

Police never took me seriously

All I want is to protect other women from him

anna
      Participant

So sorry to hear about your frightening experiences.
      I guess its hard to know that sometimes people want to hurt us and of course it would be hard to spot the red flag afterall we dont get up in the morning wanting to hurt people so its totally understandable that you would not see that bad behaviour would potentially get so severe with your partner.
      I guess in regard to other women its hard but it sounds like you tried to do something and that is all you can do at the end of the day. I think now its processing your own feelings and being really kind to yourself you did your best and now you have to take care of yourself. I guess there is no right or wrong way of coping for me it is reaching out to a support group i go to i struggle with fear when my mum harrasses me and i have lots of guilt and shame so im trying hobbies and things like that. Before i wanted my feeling to change where i think now it might be better for me to accept i may have these feelings a long time. its hard isnt it but you are brave and should be proud you got out.

Ayanna
      Participant

Why did the police not take you seriously?
      Complain about them!

An experience like this sits with us.
      I still have lots of flashbacks and nightmares about the day when I was close to death.
      That fear …
      I saw my life like in a film within split seconds.

It takes very long to come to terms with this.

Write about it, speak about it. Do not bottle it up. xx

Borntobefree
      Participant

Because there was not enough evidence to prosecute ayanna I’ve recently just had an mri scan as I was having major problems with my neck and hand .it shows severe trauma of the left side of my neck…

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content