Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Readtrust
      Participant

My ex has been harassing me since I broke up with him over (detail removed by Moderator) months ago and after an incident last (detail removed by Moderator) that I reported to the police I discovered he had been tracking and cyber stalking me . I left my home temporarily ( with my child) but I cannot stay where I am for much longer,he has been served a non molestation order and I do not think this will deter him as he is a man who has influence and power in his community, many contacts- not all reputable and money . I always knew that when I left him the consequences would be huge and similar to leaving a cult or an organised gang. (I also believe there to be spyware inside my house). I have made so many calls to various agencies with regards to my current situation and rehousing but do not seem to be getting anywhere. I want to start a new life far away from him and his associates but with no transportation, little money and limited resources I don’t seem to be getting anywhere!

browneyedmum
      Participant

Big hugs Readtrust,

I’m sure Lisa will come back with information about how to contact your local domestic abuse services.

It looks like you left on your own, with your child, and then found out later that your ex was still stalking you. That is terrifying.

If your child is in school, you might also be able to contact their pastoral care for support, be it more sign-posting or providing a safe space where they support you while re-visiting agencies in order to add some urgency onto your case. My children’s school’s pastoral care has been amazing.

Be patient, be smart, be strong. Yes you can. He may seem big and scary, especially with all of his friends, but inside he’s likely feeling very small.

Keep safe, keep 999 close.

StrongLife
      Participant

Is there hotlines where you are? Ie Telephone hotlines that you can find for support and a domestic violence counsellor that you like and get along with?

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content