Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      dreamshaker
      Participant

Hi ladies,

Some will remember me, but haven’t been around for a month or so,it’s not a easy ride to take, but I am free!.

After going to the hospital, the hospital staff, as suspected, noticed injuries, and at first didn’t say anything, however I DID, I scared myself with the voice that came from my throat, but I told them I couldn’t handle any more pain, and my beloved husband had been abusive to me for over (detail removed by moderator), and I can’t handle any more.

All I can say is, roller coaster!, as with his profession, and legal advice, it’s not easy, or will be, but I am not a child, am a grown woman, and unfortunately I know I need to fight.

He has attempted suicide, attempted attacks, tempted to get inside my head, but I won’t allow him to crush me, as said court is a really terrifying place, his defence is bringing up situations I wanted to forget, blaming me, but of course they will, they get paid to, but even though I admit to fear, I cannot show my weakness, after all I recently found out I now have a chronic illness, treatment is regular hospital visits, attached to a machine, so I figured if I can do that, I will do this.

Its extremely embarrassing and humiliating, as I’m afraid everyone knows our business now, However it’s only a small price to pay for justice,
      Who knows if I will get justice, his work friends are right behind him, giving evidence that he’s a angel, but I can’t give up.

We all protect, say nothing, because we love them, I myself was a victim of that, remembering our vows as he beat me over and over, keeping quiet, covering the injuries and bruises, believing when he apologised, it wouldn’t happen again, but everyone else, ” doesn’t know him “, like you, he can be loving.., doesn’t happen!, I’m a old bird, and I believed my own voice, but they are just good liars, crush you into nothing,

Please don’t stay with a abusive partner, they don’t change, just learn how to make you feel dead inside, coming to this forum and reading for a while, helped me, so did the helpline, unfortunately neither my local police or idas did, but that’s irrelevant now.

Am hoping to get justice, and will keep you informed, I’m only at the bottom of the hill, and know it’s going to be stressful and terrifying, maybe times I’ll want to quit, but right now I am safe, free, and determined, women’s aid helped me so much, lets see if I can make it to the finish.

Love and strength to all, ❤
      XXXX

White Rose
      Participant

This is such a positive uplifting post and I am so happy for you – a truly strong woman and a survivor!
      Sending you an absolutely huge hug and I wish I coukd send you a massive bunch of your favorite flowers too. The aftermath of accepting that it has to stop and that first step of peaking out is hard but worth it xxxxxx

dreamshaker
      Participant

White rose,
      That is such a beautiful gesture, and I appreciate your heart felt hugs, on which I return to you x*x

I’m no fool, and aware that he may not get punishments, but I am doing this for myself,b my sanity and most of all my health,
      And I so want to explain to other women in this situation,, that justice doesn’t have to be sought, but reality of what you are living through, does have to be,
      I lived, and survived, but I also lived through (detail removed by moderator) of physical, sexual, financial and emotional abuse, I loved him, believed him, lied for him, and kept telling others they didn’t know him, he was sorry, he wouldn’t do it again, All lies, I know I won’t convince others to leave, I never listened, but now I am away, I feel free to talk without fear, isn’t easy, but one day, like me, something inside clicked xxxx

Twisted Sister
      Participant

I trird to post a reply already to say how awesome you are for gettimg out and your resilience despite whatothera think but fone screwed ot up so short version here!

Keep doing what you’re doing.

I wasnt believed and it ita the nail in the coffin for me so I really admire what youve managed.

Ks

Jennaflorrie
      Participant

So glad you are out!! That is a long time of abuse you have endured.
      He sounds like a monster
      You can make a new life for yourself.
      A life free.

God bless xx

dreamshaker
      Participant

Thank you ladies,
      I know it’s going to be a long difficult road, but right now I am feeling determined, positive, but guess I will have bad days, but I can only take one day at a time,
      I obviously can’t say too much, but I can say is that the courts have listened to me, but they’re on my side, and aware shortly, the devils will have their say, so am trying to remain positive and remember what he’s doing is wrong.
      x*x,

older lady
      Participant

I’m glad you spoke out. You seem so relieved and positive. It must feel good to live in truth not with the lie we have to live with when we are controlled. Good luck. X*x

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content