Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Does remembering the good times confuse you about what really happened in the relationship? Do you ever question if something is wrong with you, or you are a bad person?
      I’m struggling here.

KIP.
      Participant

There’s nothing wrong with you and you’re not a bad person. I’m sure there were good times otherwise we wouldn’t stay. The good times could be the love bombing phase. Either way those memories are yours to keep. Doesn’t change he’s an abuser. Doesn’t mean that loving him would stop the abuse. It gets easier x

Watersprite
      Participant

Yes I do that too but as the distance between us goes it happens less and less. Doubt creeps in when big things happen can’t say more doe to risk. When it does I re read my notes my emails to services statement etc I remind myself it’s my brain trying to cope and make it ok by blaming myself but it’s not ok and I’m
      Trying to live in the truth the horrible truth of what we’ve been through – not easy but real – I also laugh/sob that I did nothing wrong but blame myself he is a monster but never once blames himself/admits takes responsible for what he’s done and who he is …It’s not you x

Anonymous
        Inactive

Thank you for the replies xx

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content