Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      strawberryshortcake
      Participant

He says he will have my child removed from me. This is my biggest fear. Everyone tells me this is ridiculous however I read in places ‘he had kids removed from her care’ ‘she no longer has her kids’. How can I prove his abuse….what if I can’t prove it and he DOES get my child? This is driving me insane.

KIP.
      Participant

I think every woman on this site had the same threat used. It’s empty threats they know will hurt you. There is absolutely no substance behind it. Blowing hot air. Looking for a reaction. Don’t give him one. Total nonsense X talk to a family solicitor for reassurance. Most do half hour free consultation. Speak to women’s aid helpline. Don’t worry. That’s why he’s saying these things. Did he say this in a text or email? Any witnesses? Keep all the evidence you can.

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

Ok, it’s just my worst fear and he’s so b****y clever. He twists everything and I mean everything. I have got emails where he’s hinting at it I used to have a lot more but accidentally swiped delete on my apple phone and can’t recover. So worried as it was vital evidence but still have a little bit X

lover of no contact
      Participant

I had this threat too and it also was my worst fear. It really is agony isn’t it, going through the anxiety of losing your children to him. KIP is right. Thats what he wants. Remember anything our abusers do is with the aim to worry, hurt and upset us and trigger our fear and anxiety. They get a ‘high’ from our distress. Don’t let him see this threat of losing your children gets to you. Pretend. But post on here and read the posts as much as you can to help lessen that fear.

My abuser didn’t get his way even though he had left no stone unturned to carry out this threat. He is not as powerful as he or you think. The main thing is for you to stay well by ringing Women’s Aid and posting on here for support. When you are well and emotions are calm his dysfunction will show clearly.

KIP.
      Participant

Recovering texts from iPhone……..

As a good housekeeper you’ve deleted all your old text messages, and then realised that you do – in fact – need some or all of your old messages. Well fear not. You can recover deleted text messages from your iPhone. Indeed, it’s possible you can do so without having recourse to anything more difficult than restoring from backup. And at worst you may be able to get those messages back using a third-party app.

I’m not technically minded but perhaps you can get someone at the Apple Store to help you X 👍

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

Thank you both! Yes, I have to ring Apple but unfortunately when I checked online my messages weren’t backed up :/ so going to ring them today.

Suntree
      Participant

Don’t let the threat of removing your children keep you in an abusive relationship.
      Find out what you can do to keep you all safe. Talk to women’s aid.
      There are men who will try every dirty trick in the book to keep control of you.
      Good luck

Ayanna
      Participant

Speak to Rights of Women.
      It is not so easy to take children away from a mother. He just tries to scare you.
      Gather evidence and report him for abuse. Remember, coercion is a criminal offense now.

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

Thank you both, I will ring rights for women today X

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

I am awaiting for a call to get restraining order in motion (detail removed by moderator) saying he was reporting me to sservices and standing on my doorstep ringing the bell (whilst I was on the phone to the helpline). My friends have seen him loitering around outside my home. I’m scared. Feel so drained and exhausted….

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

Do you think it’s possible to change my username? Because I’m worried he’s going to find me on here.

KIP.
      Participant

Click contact moderator at the top or just re register under another name X

Serenity
      Participant

If it’s an Apple phone and you deleted it, you might still manage to find it by going to ‘all mail.’

These abusers threaten to take our kids because they are going for the jugular; they are jealous of the way we love our kids.

It takes something very serious for a child to be taken from their mother. Don’t let him scare you. Have faith in your own value and worth as a mother. X

strawberryshortcake
      Participant

I do still have evidence on FB messenger, whatsapp, emails, and some texts (as he used two phones to message me from) I’m grateful it never occurred to him that this would be used as evidence. I did call apple and my carrier and there is nothing to be done about the lost ones. This is important! Your messages aren’t backed up unless you are plugged into a computer and you do it manually and then if you ever delete you can retrieve 👌🏻

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content