Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      alive
      Participant

I was not given a space in refuge though there was a place when i called, went through the asssessment well…then when higher up got my case and asked to see my photo id etc..it got prolonged and eventually denied a place though funding couldve been arranged for me… (detail removed by Moderator) on …still no place ..just lodging and felt re-victimised…on top of that hassled by dwp to work when I was told I need to recuperate and be on esa but not very supported by GP and felt not believed. Ive read that when a condition is prevalent and fluctuates over long time it is classified as disability but doc wasnt happy when I raised it up…are they obliged by dwp ? 🙁
      What do I do?

Unfortunately dealing with dwp only increased anxiety.
      I do want to work but battling fatigue, aches and pains, low energy and need to be present for the kids which is therapeutic for them rather than mum not around or overly tired. Doing other things beside routine wears me out a lot. What jobs or self emoloyment would be suitable? Jobcentre experience had significant crippling effect on my health and Id rather do this without having to go them. Will housing benefit still be paid if we choose to go self-employed or come off the esa? Lisa and anyone, hope to hear from you, thanks.

How do women get housing benefit to pay rent whilst in refuge? If not on jsa or esa? I was told just surviving on child b and c tax credits wont get your rent paid. In my case we fell through the cracks without refuge space and lodging privately. Desperately need advice. Anxious about getting next sick note. Do survivors struggle with this and forced to work before they recover (facing bullying dynamics in current place) and have their rent and health compromised further?

Nova
      Participant

Hi
      I would advise you to ring CAB they know the A-Z of any benefits and just about any subject Housing, debt, law, employment HB etc..etc they can signpost and/or refer you to other specific support and local Information advice & guidance. They have a huge directory on their website you can put in a topic and lots of up to date info.

Re employment the national careers website has job profiles for ideas if you struggle with new jobs..sometimes talking it through with an adviser can help move you forward in new direction…they’ll come up with a few new leads you may not have considered.

Everyone has …transferable…skills and you can re study even a few hours to build up your cv.

Volunteering is a excellent way of trying new things and can be a couple of hours..meeting new people etc!

WA know more about refuges and experts in women’s network services.

Best of luck step by step, write a list…to prioritise! We all do lists..!

Cx

Ayanna
      Participant

I had to work through my ordeal and nearly lost my life over it.
      Now I am seriously ill as a consequence of the inhuman stress and unresolved trauma.
      I feel that I will drop dead on the street or at work.
      The system is utterly inhuman.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content