Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Bettychoc
      Participant

I can’t reply for some reason.
      Thank you for taking the time to message me. I won’t lie, I’ve had the worst few months of my life. I’ve had to arrange his funeral on my own as his family wouldn’t have input despite blaming me.
      I’m also having to now sort out all his debts etc and sell the house. I thought I’d got away but not yet.
      It’s his funeral (detail removed by moderator) and I’ve tried to do everything properly. Not sure how I feel tbh, I’m up and down.
      I don’t think he meant to kill himself so the advice to others to call the police when they threaten it is sound advice. It’s a means of controlling us. I’m so sad for the man I thought he was, sad for the child that was inside of him. The reality is, it was him or me and the kids.
      I’m
      I hope you are okay.

Kitkat44
      Participant

Just wanted to send you love @bettychoc Thinking of you xx

ISOPeace
      Participant

Thinking of you too Bettychoc. What a huge ordeal on top of having to survive the abuse.

You are absolutely right that it was him or you and the kids. Abusers force us to choose between our (and our kids’) wellbeing and their demands. They deliberately put us in impossible positions to make us feel trapped. Nobody should feel bad for choosing to not sacrifice their wellbeing for another person. It is always ok to protect yourself and your kids. Sending love xxxx

Wants To Help
      Participant

My thoughts are with you bettychoc, this is such an awful situation that you are in and it does not seem right that his family have left you with the responsibility of organising all of the funeral arrangements. This just shows what a strong and wonderful woman you are despite all the harm he has caused you and your children; you have done your best to make sure he has a dignified ending.

Keep posting on here to let us know how you are. We are here to support you and we know your experience will be valuable to others in future.

Best wishes, xx

liftingthefog
      Participant

Goodness,how utterly dreadful. Another form of punishment and abuse from his death bed …. they know no limits.
      Please know I am keeping you and yours firmly in my thoughts and prayers. 🙏x*x

nbumblebee
      Participant

Thinking of you please let us know how youvare when you can. Take care xxxx

Weemebreeze
      Participant

Thinking of you at this horrendous time. We’re all here for you ❤️

Twisted Sister
      Participant

Thinking of you too Bettychoc. I cannot believe that you are having to do through all this after everything you have been through, and his family leaving you to it, despite blaming you.

I am so sorry for all you have been through and still have to sort. Make sure you take time for yourself in all this. Find somewhere that you can have moments of utter peace and solace for yourself to get a break, even if thats 5 mins here and there.

Sending you every strength to get through, and we’re here to listen whenever you need to vent.

warmest wishes

ts

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content