Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Weemebreeze
      Participant

Hi ladies

I just wanted to share that after over a (detail removed by Moderator) of leaving him and no contact, I’ve finally found the courage to report him to the police. I read so many mixed experiences on here and it seems to be postcode lottery regarding the police – so far, they have been extremely helpful. I got two female officers, both friendly and made me feel at ease despite the intensely stressful situation. They were very thorough, heard me out, didn’t rush me , assured me I’d done the right thing and ultimately they believed me. The relief I’ve felt is immense. They said he’ll be arrested. My anxiety is pretty bad – heart racing and catastrophing . But ultimately I know I’ve done the right thing as he should be held accountable. I found out that he went on to abuse the woman after me and now he has another woman. This new woman is clearly at risk hence one of many drivers to report him.

God knows what he’ll do next and how he’ll react so no doubt I’ll be back here to share. For now, I just wanted to share in case anyone is in the same situation- I feel relief and I feel “good” knowing he won’t get away with treating me so badly.

Hereforhelp
      Participant

That is so brave of you and thank you so much for sharing, you don’t know how much I needed to read a positive experience with reporting the abuse.

Weemebreeze
        Participant

I’m glad the post has helped ❤️ One of the officers actually opened up and said she’d been in an emotionally abusive relationship in the past. Whilst this may be the minority, the training they’d both had in domestic abuse was obvious and I hope this is the case on a far wider scale . It took nearly 3 hours giving my statement- I’m still utterly wiped and no idea how I’ll get into the headspace for work tomorrow but one step at a time. The main thing is never forgetting that you don’t deserve to be treated the way he did and he should be held accountable- the more the FOG clears, the more and more obvious it becomes that they have a choice and when that is realised, for me, it was near impossible to shift. I needed time to be strong enough to report. I thought they’d ask my why it took so long but they didn’t, they just told me I’d done the right thing. I sincerely hope you and others have a similar experience. ❤️

gettingtired
      Participant

Wow. Amazing. You should be so very proud of yourself for this! I feel like celebrating for you 😊✨💕

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content