Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Lostone
      Participant

I still havnt managed to break completely free but I feel like I’m getting stronger and setting boundaries for myself.

The latest lot of messages I nearly fell back but something triggered and i stopped again. When i read the messages when I’m not in a heightened emotional state they are clearly very manipulative and show examples of coercive control. I have so many of these messages from a number of years and have read about how this is a criminal offense but I’ve never felt strong enough to report it.

I do get this huge guilt that he will or is doing this to someone else and hes a dangerous person. I almost killed myself when it got really bad because I was so confused and depressed. I’m getting counselling now and although I slip back towards him I can see how he plays the psychological games and it stops me getting too involved.

Is it better to just get out or do I have a duty to stop him doing this to someone else. What if they dont get out? I just think he would get away with it and I’d be torn apart but i also feel responsible

Xx

diymum@1
      Participant

the main thing for now is your recovery – yur not responsible for his actions. when your strong enough then gather your evidence and go for it but always put yourself first for now/ youve been through a lot so dont overlaod yourself. oxygen mask on. there is always claires law where you can report anonymously xxxx

KIP.
      Participant

I agree with diymum but remember there are time limits on reporting crime if you want the person arrested and charged. Meantime keep all evidence. Texts, journals, talk to your GP.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content