Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      missiepie
      Participant

I wondered if anyone had any advise or had been through something similar to me.

I left my partner a year ago. He was physically abusive (would suffocate me, knee on my head, strangle me) but even more painfully mentally abuse me. When I left my confidence was zero. Everyone said to just get away and forget about him. The issue is that I still wear those scars now.

I think about him and the words he would say to me daily. I have nightmares about it all. I literally dont function like a normal person. I cannot work, I cannot commit to anything and I struggle to make decisions. I literally hide from the world and everyone.

I wondered if anyone had gone to the police to report their partner after they left. I feel like I almost need to do it for closure now. I just wondered if anyone had and what the police have actually done?

Falling Skys
      Participant

Hi

Not the same as you but I have spoken with the police about events that have happened in the past and when I am in a safe place I will make a statement.

I phoned 111 and they were most helpful, its a none emergency number so they will have time to listen to your abuse.

Good luck.

FS xx

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I reported all my historical abuse over (detail removed by moderator) years, i think when i first left i was stil dazed by what had actually happened, but when i moved town after a year i reported him (detail removed by moderator) months after i had seperated from him, thts when i felt safe and ready to report him. I had a negative result where he was arrested which was good, he was interviewed but denied it all and as i had never reported to gp and only to domestic violence agencies he got away with it,but it is all on his record, so should he ever do that again to another lady it will be flagged up, so maybe thats my justice.It is worth reporting them as i got my inner peace that i stood upto him

Confused123
      Participant

And now i can put a part closure on the abuse and focus on recovering all the damage he caused and rebuild myself , i suppose it will always hurt but they say time is a healer

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content