Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Lightness
      Participant

hello ladies

Does anyone have any experience of reporting emotional/verbal/financial abuse to the police? I feel I should do this but I don’t know what to expect.

Nova
      Participant

Hi Lightness…I don’t …but like you would be interested to learn as I am also considering reporting the same.

Cx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Lightness I did report emotional, verbal & death threats to the police after I left a long term abusive relationship. I hadn’t until a manic phone call, in which he terrified me. In my honest opinion the police made it worse & I wish I’d never ring them. He knew exactly how to terrify me,The Police listened to him & I felt they did not have any idea what psychological abuse was, or the impact it causes. I felt humiliated & that they did not take the

Hi

I have reported to the police recently and they were fantastic a male and a female officer they helped a lot they rang my ex to warn him about misuse of telecommunications and scared him off from abusing me via texts, he still does by other means but they did what they could which just helped when I was feeling so helpless.

Also if anything does happen however how small I was advised to log the incident with them just in case so I have the proof. Hopefully I will never need it but it’s reassuring to know I have them there. Makes me feel safer.

Hope this helps and you can get the same support from your local police force x

Confused123
      Participant

Hi Hun

I would report anyway as there is log of it on the system, my ex got away with it even thought hey knew he was lying but was lack of evidence , but at least u know it is on their record

Lightness
      Participant

thanks all

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content