Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      orchid7
      Participant

Anyone found it hard to grieve the loss of their ex, the relationship etc. I feel I am not accessing the full emotion of it, only surface level. I couldn’t go there before because I was scared I would just go back to him if I got sad and felt the loss. But it’s buried so deep now I can’t get to it. I feel I am past going back and I feel it is safe to grieve now. But my body isn’t letting this happen. I get all the bad and I can’t go back but I feel I skipped the accepting the loss part. Feel stuck. Any tips on prompting grief to happen xx

Thank you xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi orchid7,

Thank you for sharing with us. Have you explored counselling to help with this? Local domestic abuse services often have links with counsellors. You can also request a referral via your GP for counselling. Your local service can be found via this link: https://www.womensaid.org.uk/womens-aid-directory/

Best wishes,

Lisa

shygirl198
      Participant

I can’t help advise but I think I may be in a similar position. I think I’ve spent months in fight and survival mode and barely even began to grieve the relationship I’ve lost.

orchid7
        Participant

Hi shygirl, I am really sorry I did not see this. I am unsure why I didn’t get the notification. A couple of months have passed since I wrote that post and I did speak to a counselor and it did open up the grieving process. It took a while to come, as I kept battling against it, but it’s been coming out gradually since. Some weeks I have cried everyday. It felt good in a way, because it felt like I was feeling, so I’m hoping it’s another step to moving on xx but it’s been tricky balance grief with no contacting him xx

Dolly2019
      Participant

Yes. It took months for my brain to let in the loss (the longer you are apart the more real it is) and even now, (detail removed by Moderator) months on, I still weep loudly into a towel and wail until my body can’t cry any more.

Be patient with yourself. It will come. When your brain and body are ready to let it in. Don’t force it. Don’t rush it. When you least expect it, your body will start to heal – and tears are so healing. They literally expel energy and toxins from the body. Be patient and kind to yourself. x*x

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content