This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Landy 2 weeks, 4 days ago.

  • Author
  • #97312

    My Restraining Order has run out. Haven’t been successful getting through to Refuge or Rights for Women. Has anyone else applied for a non molestation order themselves and if so, was it a simple process? It says on the government’s website that I have to serve notice on him, but I don’t know his address. He’s homeless and in a squat.

  • #97325

    Isn’t it the courts duty to serve it Landy? Thinking you sunbmit an application and they do the rest? x

  • #97330

    Yes, but how can they do that if I don’t have an address?

  • #97332
     [email protected] 

    They should be able to find him they’ll have a database xx they’re homeless access accommodation should show up squat mayb not. If he needs medical care or money he will need an address even care off address. Other wise he will have no medical care or benefits- so he will have some form of address xx

  • #97340
    Main Moderator

    Hi Landy,

    It might be helpful to speak to DV Assist for advice around your non-molestation application, they are a specialist charity who support with the application of injunctions. They can be contacted on 0800 195 8699, they also have a website:

    Non molestation orders can sometimes be served indirectly if it is not possible for the abuser to be served directly, but this would be something to seek formal advice around.

    Hope you can get some help with it soon.


  • #97483

    Because he hasn’t abused me in the past two weeks or broken his restraining order, I can’t get a non molestation order. Basically, I have to wait for him to turn up at the house and assault me. Is it any wonder people get murdered by their partners?

  • #97489

    I’m sorry you’re going through this. I went through something similar but please remember the police are still very much on your side should he turn up. I know it’s not much comfort but ring 999 immediately and you could always ask them to put a police marker on your phone number and home address.

  • #97493

    If the police are on my side, they’ve had a funny way of showing it. Not sure I’d ever call them again.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.


© 2015 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ Jobs

Log in with your credentials


Forgot your details?

Create Account