Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Headcook
      Participant

Finally some good news had update from lady helping me to attain my own place
      After blowing lid on many years of older son treating me bad and being told there a safeguarding concern on my grandchild living here with us even though this is not a concern at this time I finally here no further action on this
      God I may actually sleep tonite
      Can’t believe I have this outcome nothing ever goes right for me it seems
      This is the right decision as I was in a very vulnerable position if this blew up
      Have a fantastic support letter from my gp too to present to housing for my application
      I understand they had to safeguard and have this peace now for the future
      Full steam ahead with the council

HC x

KIP.
      Participant

I’m so happy for you. Yes full steam ahead for your own place and your own life x

Headcook
      Participant

Kip

Thank you
      It was a time I don’t care to repeat
      There will prop still be a wait on council list but with this ladies help to present my current living and gp letter I’m hoping the council get my situation and place me in the correct priority banding they say min 2 years I’m hoping this is not the case
      Just a huge wait off knowing they are not coming to the house at this stage but after seeing the bigger picture myself this is at least flagged somewhere for my grandchild when I do get to leave

HC x

KIP.
      Participant

Two years is a long time to wait. Do you have some savings for emergencies. You might need to rent a room off someone if it comes to it or go into a refuge which might bump you up the ladder. I hate to say it but I see their relationship falling apart and I see the abuse getting worse toward you so please have a back up plan and don’t get too attached to your grandchild. I know it sounds harsh but you need to protect yourself. Perhaps you can be a better mother in law and gran from a distance. Just put yourself first in this. Even if it goes against the grain. X

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content