Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayanna
      Participant

I still have not sold the engagement ring and the wedding ring.
      Why?
      I do not understand it.
      What prevents me from selling this rubbish that only has bad memories for me?
      They are in a box, that is in a box again, stored away from my sight. But I know they are there and they loom there with their bad energy.

godschild
      Participant

Why not sell them and buy yourself something really nice that you want , so yo make good out of bad
      xx

WalkerInTheRain
      Participant

There will be a time when you are ready to part with them. You might want to sell them to buy something nice for yourself or to donate to charity. You might want to sink them into the bottom of the ocean while howling obscenities. Maybe you’ll find peace with them and keep them as a reminder of your strength to extricate yourself from a difficult situation.

It’s a personal decision and one that doesn’t have to be rushed. You’ve done the hard bit. Until you are ready to make peace with them, why not ask someone else to take care of them?

Ayanna
      Participant

WalkerInTheRain, I like the idea of throwing them into the ocean while howling obscenities. I will keep them in that box so that I do not need to touch them. I might go on a cruise and do exactly that, in front of all the passengers and the crew and afterwards drink a bottle of champaign.

Godschild, when I think of buying something nice for them I get a feeling that it will always be dirty money and I could never enjoy what I buy. It is weird.

one day at a time
      Participant

Dear Ayanna, I can relate so well to your post. I hate my rings but I still have them. I don’t want to sell them and use the money exactly because of that feeling of it being ‘dirty money’. Yet at the same time I want to get rid of them and I feel how much you want to be rid of them too. They symbolise everything you wanted but never will have now with the man who you once loved.
      Thank you for posting. You’ve helped me realise there is no set time or good time to get rid of the rings. I need to sell my rings and treat myself in the way that I deserved for so long. Because the alternative is them lying in a drawer like a little secret – ‘I used to be married’. Today I’m single, free and happy.
      I wish that for you too Ayanna. x

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content