Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      EbonyRaven
      Participant

Gosh, frantic time.

A little time after they took him away someone knocked on the door and asked if I would consider selling my house. It’s a very large house that needs massive amounts of work that I’m too poor, and too tired to get done.

I had already started to think about downsizing and was trying to think about how to make it happen, so I showed them around, pointed out all the flaws in the place, and explained that I’d have to ask them for more than a survey would show it was worth in order to be able to pay off my mortgage and secure a decent enough deposit for getting a new place.

They still wanted it. Cash.

Cut to yesterday. I have a decision in principle on a decent mortgage and have agreed on a price with a seller for a lovely house in a town much closer to where I work. A town I know very well.

It means I will have to leave (detail removed by moderator) I adore, but it also means he won’t have any idea where I am, he will be living farther away from where I am and I won’t be shopping etc. in the town he hangs about in drinking.

I can bundle the dog into the car and bring her for walks here easily enough, or hop on a train and come visit anytime. I’ll probably see more of the place than I do now with my commute being so huge.

All in all, I see it as positive. As much as I love being where I am now I would always have that tiny thing in the back of my head telling me he knows where to find me. It’s worth it to let that go.

Anyway, have as lovely an Easter break as you are able to. Breathe in, then out, and remember there is a path away from it.

ER x

KIP.
      Participant

Wow that’s fantastic. I believe in good karma too and it all seems like divine intervention. A new chapter. Remember you can now go anonymously on the voters roll. Check that out x

Fudgecake
      Participant

Great news ER! I too believe in karma and it sounds like you deserve some good fortune.

KIP thanks for the tip on electoral role.
      That was worrying me so I’ll look into it .

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content