Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Bluesky88
      Participant

Hi,

I’m preparing to leave but I am pregnant and expecting a baby in a few months. Am I allowed to not have him at the birth? Can I get into trouble? I feel like I am being controlling by the thought of not letting him or wanting him there. Are there rules on this? I don’t want my experience to be fuelled by stress or worry. If he’s not there, I’m worried that I will be stressed about the implications of not allowing him there. If he is there, I’m going to be stressed about his presence in such a precious time.

Wasn’t sure if this was the right place to post.

Thanks in advance xx

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi Bluesky88

Thank you for your post. Yes it is your decision and you are within your rights to not have him at the birth, having him at the birth may make you more stressed and it won’t be good for you or the baby. Your health and safety is more important. You could speak to Rights of women or Coram Children’s Legal Centre to get some legal advice that may out your mind at rest. Maybe you could also mention this to your midwife for advice.

Good luck and keep posting to let us know how you are doing.

Lisa

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content