Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Ayla Doni
      Participant

Hi thanks for letting me aboard. I’m so glad I found here, I’m in the early stages of running and hiding. It’s very lonely out here, I’m glad to find this forum and womens aid. Just done the unthinkable and called in the law.

Ayanna
      Participant

Well done for calling the police.
      It feels terrible at first, but you correctly followed your instincts and it probably saved your life.
      Are you in a safe place right now?

Are you aware of the NCDV?
      They can help you get an emergency non molestation and occupation order.

Confused123
      Participant

hey hun

well done for taking the first step, continue posting on here , ladies will support and offer guidance

Ayla Doni
      Participant

thank you. the world has gone mad around me. this little corner is a welcome haven. have found somewhere else safe for now.

Ayla Doni
      Participant

not impressed with the way the police are handling it though.

Ayanna
      Participant

If you are not happy tell them. Tell them they have a duty to protect you and they need to do a better job. Tell them you did not choose to be in this situation and they have to get you out of this.
      You can also complain in writing.

Also, have you been referred to victim support? They can intervene when the police is not good enough. You can also contact them yourself and request a case worker.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content