Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Ever wish you could go to sleep and never wake up?

KIP.
      Participant

I did when I was with my abuser. And I used to cry myself to sleep. Just to let you know there is light at the end of the tunnel, no matter what stage you’re at and there is help out there too. From women’s aid to Samaritans and breathing space. You’re not alone 🤗💕

Beautifulday
      Participant

@Lostforever
      Yes I feel like this most days 🙁 this is how they make us feel but I can see a glimmer of hope at the end of the tunnel , I know I havent left yet but it makes me feel stronger knowing I’ve got the ball rolling however small a step it is. Your not alone lovely we are here and you are strong even though it may not feel like it. Sending you a big hug x*x

Bettertimesahead
      Participant

I want to sleep, wake up.and him to have disappeared

Walkingonsunshine
        Participant

Ooooh, Can you imagine if it were only that simple 😴👋🏼x

Tabletop
      Participant

I felt like that too and even after I had got out. The support from the forum was so good and still is. You’ve been made to feel the worst you can but you can dig deep and find that tiny light inside yourself and know this isn’t you this is how they have made you feel. You can be happy and free and live a life that’s worthy of you. You are worthy of happiness . Speak to someone or message someone or email someone. It sounds crazy but talk to yourself. What would you say to someone who was feeling like you. We are all here for you. Always. Friends without faces xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

I’ve been out for almost two years. I have a good support network, but I sometimes get tired of what feels like platitudes. “You’re doing really well”, “You’re stronger than you think”, etc. I know people mean well, but i still feel like I’ll never get over the abuse I suffered.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content