Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      shine bright 2
      Participant

What is it please and why might they be calling me? Worried. Googled but dont know. Please can someone tell me what they are.

Anonymous
      Inactive

They probably phoning for your safety and well fair .i had them call me hun i was put on safegaurding

shine bright 2
      Participant

But theres nothing wrong with me…its him whats got something wrong. Its not about kids and court is it?? Will they put thwm on cp plan again?

KIP.
      Participant

I’m sorry I can’t help but can you ring the helpline?

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Shinebright,

It is either adult or child safeguarding checking out something they have been told. By law they have to investigate and your best option if it is child safeguarding is to co operate if it is adult you have a choice as to whether you want to be safeguarded. That’s how it works by me. Just because it is safeguarding does not mean that your children will automatically go on CP they will investigate first and decide the best course of action that can be a child in need plan, no further action or child protection. Don’t panic wait and see what they have to say.

Peaceful Pig
      Participant

The safeguarding board are more an overarching body that provides guidance to professionals on safeguarding procedures etc. I’m not aware that they would be involved in an individual case. I’m sure that if there was a concern regarding the children’s safety you would have heard from social services not them. I can’t think why they’d be contacting you though. Try not to panic. I hope you find out soon and it puts your mind at rest xx

shine bright 2
      Participant

C**p…its MASH people. What is that about. I just got rid of social worker. Doing evrything they said. To scared to call them back.whatbdo they want?

Ayanna
      Participant

Ring them back tomorrow and find out what it is about.
      Maybe they want to protect you. Use them to keep yourself and the children safe. See it in a positive way.
      If anything, you know the truth and I know you will tell them.
      I am sure they know it too, because of police evidence and all.

Rest well, try not to panic. You are so brave! xx

White Rose
      Participant

Ring them tomorrow. They’ve phoned you not turned up on door step so don’t panic!!
      It’s probably a check to make sure everything is ok with you and the children or maybe to invite you to give feedback in a “customer survey” 😉😂😂!!
      Don’t always assume they’re after you for something you’re a fab mum and you keep your children safe and protected from him.
      Sleep well, do not worry and don’t you dare get the bleach out – you don’t need it and I’ll be giving you a real ticking off if you do! If you feel you want to then take deep breaths and think positive thoughts and tell yourself you are a strong independent woman and nothing will beat you. If that doesnt work go for a really brisk walk or a 10k run if that doesn’t work do 25k!! Love and hugs xxxxxxxx

shine bright 2
      Participant

Yeah. Ur rite Just need to get a grip and call them….such wimp sometimes.
      Haha…i cant evn run fo a bus let alone 10k!! Keep skinny by all the cleaning….i havent bleached anything- house or self. I wont cos i got u to ansa.to white rose! Im just scared cos i thought we r doing o…well IMO im doing a ok and the kids are good, sont want anyone involved again.

Confused123
      Participant

Hi HUn

Try not to panic, safeguarding board are just another a agency which check if you and children are ok and if you need any support, cause of previous abbuse they phone up now and again to check if u r ok , normally they chase u up staright after u have left or have had an incident, i would just call them and ask why they call if there has been no incident, im sure its prob to check if any support needed. When i used to have police remove ex they used to call me and check up several months later, i ussed to go in panic mode to till i realized they were there to help me, they may come in useful if u have concerns about your children having contact with him, u coauodlo always talk about your concernns

White Rose
      Participant

I’m proud of you shine bright!
      Keep it up or else 😉 x*x

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content