Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      topsy-turvy
      Participant

Hello,
      I’ve been trying to find the courage to post for a long time, and I know this might seem like a silly question, but I’ve been advised I need to speak to someone from my local womens aid about a,safety plan and I was wondering if anyone knows what that means? I’m terrified but it might help if I knew a little bit about what I should expect to happen.
      Thank you
      Topsy-turvy x

KIP.
      Participant

Hello and welcome, a safety plan is just a plan that you discuss with a lady from women’s aid who can help you to stay safe. This might include how to leave your abuser safely if this is something you want to do. You won’t be forced to do anything you don’t want to. It might include talking to housing about finding you a safe place to live. It might even be a temporary stay in a refuge. It could include putting a police marker on your home so that you will be a priority should you need to ring 999. It might include getting one to one counselling or taking part in some programmes that are fun by women’s aid. If you have kids they can help with keeping the children safe too. Lots of different things depending on your circumstances and well worth a visit just to let you know what help is out there for you. Well done for posting x

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content