Viewing 2 reply threads
  • Author
      Robin
      Participant

Our toddler isn’t eating well and we’re both worried about this. This evening we were discussing his lack of eating when we were out at the weekend (our son refused to eat the food we’d ordered) and tonight my husband said that he could have punched him for it. He didn’t raise voice but said it with feeling. He’s never hit our toddler.

It doesn’t feel right to me but as i have a high tolerance of this sort of thing I just wondered if this is acceptable or if it would be considered threatening?

Serenity
      Participant

It isn’t normal. My ex spoke with such aggression about my son too, when he was that age.

It’s another example of the aggression that’s lying beneath the surface with him. If he gets that angry about a (detail removed by moderator) being fussy about food, how will he cope with rudeness and tantrums later on?

We try to push these things under the carpet, hoping they won’t escalate. But saying he felt like punching a(detail removed by moderator) is very worrying.

Ayanna
      Participant

I would be alarmed.
      Make sure you go to the A&E instantly with your child as soon as you notice your husband is violent. They will activate all the right pathways to protect your child.
      Child abuse is despicable and please, have zero tolerance for it.

Your son may be allergic/ hypersensitive to certain food components and have difficulties for this reason. Or there could be other problems. You could ask for a referral from your GP to a pediatrician for in depth investigations.

I am glad that you did not keep quiet about your husband’s threat.

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content