Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author

What can I say, apart from I didn’t know Sally’s story before this week.
      My solidarity with many of us and Sally’s sisters and supporters.
      May the Force be with you all.
      all best
      ftc
      x

Eve1
      Participant

I too just read about this. It’s heartening to hear they are taking coercive control and financial abuse seriously.

The fight is hard but worth it.

love
      Eve

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I’ve been tweeting with one of Sally’s boys fir a while now. As the lawyer said on tv last night, when three of the highest judges in the land are looking at this case something is about to change. Just look at how many women are in jail because of fraud at the hands of an abuser, never mind manslaughter or murderer. It isn’t going to be a stay out of jail card but it’s definately going to open up the floodgates to just how huge abusive behaviour is in our society. That can only be a good thing
      IWMB 💕💕

ashestobeauty
      Participant

A friend sent me a Facebook message (detail removed by moderator) about this lady. After a sleepless night and bad dreams, I got up this morning and phoned the police. I’ve been reading about coercive control for a few weeks now and I know what’s been happening to me throughout my marriage.
      I’m calmer than I’ve been in years today.
      Thank goodness for this woman and her strength. She will be enabling a lot of women like us.
      I’m waiting for an appointment for officers to see me ASAP.
      I’ll keep you posted.
      Xx

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

Thank you for sharing, more similar stories to Sally’s and her own at Justice for women org uk.

Iwantmeback
      Participant

Well done ashestobeauty, that’s absolutely amazing what you’ve done. I hope it wasn’t too traumatic for you💜💜
      IWMB 💕💕

ashestobeauty
      Participant

I know one thing, I’m not alone anymore. Women like her and all of you have given me the strength to carry on and fight.
      Bless you all xx

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content