Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Serenity
      Participant

So sad to hear that Samia’s ex and her father have pleaded guilty to her murder.

She was punished for finding happiness with her second husband.

There is so much more to do to ensure freedom for women across the cultures.

Ayanna
      Participant

The world needs a strong feminist network, strong feminist journalism and countless awareness activities.
      Right now it feels to me that we are going backwards, that women rights are demolished every where.
      Alone the fact that refuges are closed when they were never enough in the first place, says a lot.
      Also, the way the child abuse investigation is handled speaks louder than words.
      We are very progressive here.
      Other countries, even in Europe, are far behind us.
      May the goddess protect us women.

Jupiter
      Participant

Sometimes I feel that women and children should get into Heaven/Paradise etc first because of all they have been through in this life !

Jupiter

Ayanna
      Participant

We have to make our heaven here. The only way to achieve this is to resist patriarchy.
      We need women only estates to live, where men are not allowed to enter.
      We need women only meeting places, affordable clubs, political activities.
      We have to be outspoken about male violence and abuse!
      We have to support our sisters wherever we are!

(Direct quote removed by moderator). 

Bruisedbutbrave
      Participant

Heart breaking
      I do not know how many more women need to die before this Pakistani n**********c society will understand that women are not objects. They are not born to be oppressed
      They are not born to be slaves and submitting themselves to be abuse raped sexually assaulted in the name of Islam by people who are meant to love them and treat them with kindness
      I am pakistani and born and brought up in that culture where Male in every relationship from father brother husband to son feel entitled to control and dictate a women what she needs to do
      I am a survivor of domestic abuse on every level got over a decade and my family have not sympathy as it a normal thing back home so why am I making a fuss
      Mothers are brought up in that society and borne their daughters to be loud and disrespectful for having a say in life
      This is sickening and suffocating
      This need to change
      We cant let more girls die

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content