Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      ashestobeauty
      Participant

In the interview they asked a few times if I’d definitely said “no” to him. How clear did they need me to make it?? I’m worried that he’ll just walk away laughing from this.
      Feeling down today.

Anonymous
      Inactive

That’s my worry too, although the abuse I had was physical and not sexual. I don’t know what else we can do other than tell the truth and hope to be believed. You’d hope that the police are pretty clued up about all this and able to separate the wheat from the chaff.

You can only do what you can do.

The main thing is, you’re moving on x

Iwantmeback
      Participant

I hope most people believe us, too many of us describe the abuser in the same way. No matter the outcome my dear friend, you know the truth, you know what happened and how he made you feel and act. Lies are always found out, the truth is always the same, not deviated from, not fabricated,
      Just the truth. I’m not sure if you can copy your messages on here as some sort of proof. @Lisa,moderator, could you help with this matter.
      No means no, not agreeing to something, lying there cos you were afraid to say no, means no. Stay strong, we are the pioneers who are making changes. Soon society WILL see that DA is not just about force and violence and shouting.
      IWMB 💔

Lisa
        Main Moderator

Hi there,

In regards to messages I would remind everyone that safety is the main priority. It is important that the forum remains a source of support.

If anyone has any questions, you can always contact the moderator.

Best Wishes,
        Lisa

KIP.
      Participant

Someone recently posted that ‘no’ is a full sentence with a full stop. I worried about my statement, going over it like a worry worm. Try not to dissect it. They may have been distracted when you answered or even wanted to see how you replied to the question. It’s out of your hands now. Time to focus on you x

EbonyRaven
      Participant

They did the same with me, and I was just honest. I’d told them that I’d said no so many times, and been kept awake so long that at that juncture I didn’t say no because I knew it would lead to more sulking and nagging and doing everything to stop me sleeping, until it was either time for me to get up for work with no sleep, or I gave in.

I explained that I couldn’t go to another room as he’d follow me, and he freaked out big time the time I mentioned maybe putting locks inside the bedroom doors. (Already had one in the bathroom thank the deities).

I can’t lie, I don’t have a good enough memory hahaha.

We can only tell them what happened. There’s very clearly coercion, and after the court ruling today, that should be in the forefront of their thoughts.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content