Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      ChunkyMonkey
      Participant

My ex wasn’t ever physically abusive but mentally and emotionally and I’ve just about managed to escape him after a long time and moved away from him, but I found out that I’m pregnant and he’s now found out too (that’s a whole other mess to talk about) so he’s not only doing everything he can to try and contact me (although I’ve cut all ties) he’s now stalking my family and trying to contact them any way possible he drove up and down my one family members street over 20 times to see if I was there, he came to where I’m living now and waited outside for hours. I’m scared for myself, my family and of course now this baby. Any help? Support? Anything right now would be a comfort I just feel so scared.

ashestobeauty
      Participant

Good morning CM, so sorry to hear of this awful situation. Have you contacted the police? This guy sounds very determined to frighten you and your family. This cannot go on. There are laws against this behaviour now.
      Please take care of yourself and your

ashestobeauty
      Participant

baby. Xx

KIP.
      Participant

Time to contact the police. Do not admit he is the father and do not put his name on the birth certificate. Get some good free legal advice from Rights for Women who have a free legal helpline. Ring the police immediately. Ask for a domestic abuse officer. Don’t let things escalate.

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there

Welcome to the forum, I hope you find it a supportive place to be.

What he is doing is stalking and harassment. You have fled an abusive relationship and you deserve to feel safe. He shouldn’t be driving around looking for you and waiting outside your home.

You have a right to privacy and a right to report this to the police. You can call the National Domestic Violence Helpline on 0808 2000 247. Calls are answered by trained female support workers. They won’t tell you what to do but can talk things through.

Take care and keep posting

Best Wishes
      Lisa

fizzylem
      Participant

Please report this to the Police CM. Keep his name off the birth cert and go it alone – being a single parent is tough, but it is 10x harder when there is an abusive father in your lives too. Hugs x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content