Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Whathaveidone
      Participant

I have scratch scars (detail removed by moderator). I knew they were there, it happened fairly recently (detail removed by moderator) it was when we were “making love”.

However, he’s never left marks on me before and I know that most of the time, the sex is not consensual. I remember showing him and telling him when the marks were fresh He denied doing it (like I would scratch myself?) and then later he apologised ‘if he had’ and he would cut his nails next time (which he always does before we do anything and he thinks I don’t see- that’s why I know he plans beforehand to have sex despite his claim that he like ‘spontaneity’). I just brushed it off and excused what he did “Oh, it was probably just an accident”.

But that was when I was in denial. The marks have not faded and I continue to at them in the bathroom mirror everyday. Now I’m confused as it whether this constitutes physical abuse aswell?

Ayanna
      Participant

When you speak to WA, mention this to them. It sounds like physical abuse to me.

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content