Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Reeds-not-oaks
      Participant

I just wanted to say it can get better…

Last year I was broken. The rape, the cruelty, the violence. I was bereft enraged lonely tormented by my PTSD. I had to become homeless to escape. Last January I was admitted to a unit for the suicidal it was all so so bad.

I thank everyone of you for being there. I am so grateful.

This year I have true security. In my heart and my own home. Treatment is working well.
      (Please never give up on your mental health, I nearly did, and we deserve so much good stuff. I believe that from a strong deep place for us all. Thank goodness for EMDR).
      In steps (forward back forwards with rests, and on again), I’m developing friendships, gone out on a ‘pulling night’ without trauma. Planning a new business. I see light.

I have felt joy at having the choice to decorate the tree, total remote control rights over Xmas tv, my own choice of food, no shouting, no manipulation, whining, blaming, blah blah….I am choosing joy and peace over chaos. I love it. I treasure it.

God bless. Wherever you at in the storm.
      Reeds
      X

KIP.
      Participant

Hi Reeds, I think we journeyed together at times and I’m so pleased for you. There really is a good life for us and we just need to keep moving forward. I had excellent news with my case but I’m not out of the woods yet. The way forward is knowledge. Learn as much as we can about the effects of abuse. From PTSD, panics, triggers etc. when we know what we are facing and why, it makes it so much easier to deal with. My second Xmas too. Last year was a bit of a blur. This year I’m stronger than ever. Time is a great healer (and this forum)🎄🎄🎄🎄🎄

knowledge is power x

Falling Skys
      Participant

Thankyou for giving us hope xx

Reeds-not-oaks
      Participant

KIP

Good on you. /\5. So happy for you.

Falling, bless you honey, and thank you for seeing it.

X

Falling Skys
      Participant

We can’t let them win can we and you don’t xx

Reeds-not-oaks
      Participant

/\5 the spirit is stronger than any mans hate x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditions │ Privacy & cookie policy │ Site map │ Protect yourself online│ Media │ Jobs │ Accessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content