Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Yellowflower
      Participant

Has anyone had one? What to expect and what we’re your outcomes? Hearing lots of negative things!

Lisa
      Main Moderator

Hi there Yellowflower,

Try not to worry too much about your Section 7 report; everyone’s experiences with this will be different. Have you got contact with your local domestic abuse service? They may be able to give you some advocacy with Cafcass if you’re needing any.

You can read more about what to expect from a Section 7 Report here.

Take care,

Lisa

fizzylem
      Participant

Hi YF, you answer their questions / give your side, he does the same and they also try to establish the child’s wishes and feelings also. Maybe make a list of bullet points to remind you of anything you’d like to say x

Ilikechicken
      Participant

don’t worry its not as bad as you think, just talk calmly and honestly. I wrote down bullet points to look at before my appointment. Think of what suits the children and remain focused on their needs, which is what you all really want to achieve. Be honest about the abuse and what kind of custody/routine you will think will work for the children. They will ask general questions about history of the relationship and why you think it will benefit the children to stick with your proposal. If the cafcass office writes a report and has misunderstood you, don’t panic call them or get a solicitor to explain what you meant to say. I have had misunderstanding with cafcass myself and if your calm and friendly they will hear you out. Don’t get into a slanging match about your ex though, be honest but don’t make it like your attacking you ex.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content