Viewing 5 reply threads
  • Author
      Sunshineee
      Participant

Today I had the realisation “things are getting better”. The good days are outweighing the bad days where as before everyday was a bad day and I was 100% set on ending my life. Now I’m laughing more, smiling more, I walk around lighter without feeling as though the world is on my shoulders and I’m getting my motivation back! In the same week I got my first home on my own and was offered a place at University! To achieve these things whilst going through such horrendous trauma and mental/emotional pain is an achievement, it’s amazing and I’m very proud of myself which is something I never say. At the beginning of this process (leaving him and reporting to the police) I would not listen nor believe anyone who told me that things would get better, I felt broken and every day was the biggest battle I totally lost myself in this messy process of escaping, the police investigation, court and the whole process of healing. I never for one minute thought I’d get to this point so I just want to tell everyone keep going and take it from me that it gets better. Slowly one step at a time your life will begin piecing itself back together, it won’t be quick, it’s a slow process but it’s worth it in the end to get the smile back on your face. It’s worth it when you can jump out of bed in a morning rather than stay in bed all day, when your crying tears of happiness rather than sadness and you begin to discover yourself and your happiness and worth all over again.

Lots of love to everyone X

Happiermex
      Participant

This is so inspirational!!! Keep moving forward and wishing you all the best. I’m in the dark stage right now but hoping to see some light soon x

KIP.
      Participant

What a lovely post to share. I went through the same and every day is a gift now. I used to go from one black thought to the next, now it’s one happy thought to the next. We totally underestimate the damage that abuse does. Imagine what you can achieve once the trauma subsides and you become even stronger. I spoke in Parliament and changed part of the domestic abuse bill where I live. I’ve done some articles and helped raise awareness in my community. Oh what adventures we can have when we are free. He his just a nasty smell in the background now. Onwards and upwards x

HopeLifeJoy
      Participant

This is such inspirational journey! You can be so proud of yourself. Wow I’m sitting here smiling just reading your accomplishments, it’s so big truly amazing 😄
      Yes always keep going forward, being very kind to yourself when down and reaching out for support, taking baby steps but always with the goal to move forward, never giving up.
      You go girl! Get the life you deserve to be living 💪🌸

BraveStrongSmart
      Participant

Reading this has made me feel so much better today! Taking slow steps helps the healing process to never give up and always move forwards…
      Well Done girl for getting the life you truly deserve!!

Sunshineee
      Participant

I’m glad this post has helped you guys in some way, I hope you’re all doing ok…the world is pretty crazy right now right? And KIP what you have achieved and the work you have done is absolutely amazing huge well done x

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 2024 Women's Aid Federation of England – Women’s Aid is a company limited by guarantee registered in England No: 3171880.

Women’s Aid is a registered charity in England No. 1054154

Terms & conditionsPrivacy & cookie policySite mapProtect yourself onlineMedia │ JobsAccessibility Guide

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

Skip to content